The Advanced Document Control professional development course was previously delivered as the Certificate IV in Document Control. It is designed for individuals who are already working as a Document Controller.
Previous Document Control experience is required as no basic skills and knowledge is included.
Do you want to be a Senior or a Lead Document Controller? With the actual knowledge… not just the ‘years of working as a Document Controller’. You can be a Document Controller for 15 years and still not have the skills and knowledge of a Senior Document Controller.
It will provide the student with high level skills and knowledge of Document Control current Industry best-practice processes. For those wanting to start the journey to Document Control Management, or even just a higher level of Document Control, this is the course you need to do.
The course is delivered as a clustered course incorporating 5 topics:
* Defining Corporate, Design and Vendor Document Control;
* Developing the Document Control Process;
* Develop and Maintain a Document Control System;
* Compliance Auditing;
* Project Tasks.
Key areas of learning will include:
* Developing and maintaining a Document Control system;
* Developing procedures;
* Reporting practices;
* Vendor, Design (Engineering), and Corporate Document Control processes;
* Handover and Closeout of projects;
* Training – systems and people.
Teaching and Learning Processes
The course will consist of online activities, the use of Document Control software in a work environment, research and written projects.