The Fundamentals of Document Control professional development course was previously delivered as the Certificate III in Document Control. It is currently the only Industry approved course available.
This course is designed for those wanting to learn Document Control or existing Document Controllers that are relatively new to the industry and do not have a lot of experience.
No previous Document Control experience is required.
It starts with the very basics of Document Control terminology progressing to standard processes and explaining the setup and close-out of a project.
It will provide the learner with the fundamental skills and knowledge of Document Control principles and definitions, the review and approval structure for documents in a Document Control system, and the classification of documents, discipline types and status codes.
On completion of this course the learner should be able to apply the basic principles of Document Control to a work environment.
A must-have certificate for those wanting to enter the Document Control profession or validate their existing Document Control work experience.
The course is delivered as a clustered course incorporating 3 topics:
Interpret and Apply Document Control Terminology;
Implement Standard Document Control Processes;
Interpret and Apply Document Control Basic Setup and Close-out Processes.
Having completed this course, the Learner will have introductory skills and knowledge in the following:
- The principles of Document Control as defined by current industry practices.
- Classifying documentation and identify the different document types, status codes and disciplines used in the industry.
- Cancelling, superseding, and deleting terminology.
- The different levels and roles of Document Controllers.
- How projects and organisations are defined in the industry.
- The difference between controlled and un-controlled documents.
- Defining document numbering systems.
- Documentation review and approval processes.
- Documentation revisions.
- The principles of a Distribution Matrix.
- Document Control filing requirements.
- Documentation Handover requirements.
- Project Closeout requirements.
- Archiving (including retention & disposal) requirements.
- You have 6 (six) months to complete the course, whenever it is convenient for you.
- No extensions will be granted if the course is started at the last minute.
- You must receive 90% or above to pass the assessment activities.
- You are entitled to 1 free resubmit per topic – further resubmits incur a $25 fee each.
Cost: $660 (inc GST)
No refunds are available once the enrolment process has been completed and payment received.
Email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us on 0409 087 632 with any other questions.